Liebster Award


liebster1
I was feeling a little sluggish this morning. My allergies have gotten the best of me and after  yesterdays extreme house cleaning, I was dreading coming to work this morning! After I did my normal opening duties I sat down at my computer and opened my blog to find that exciting comment awaiting notification. This perked me up a tad and as I continued reading I got even more excited when I realized I was nominated for the Liebster award by Julie over at Law Student To Life Student . What a way to start the New Year!


If you are not familiar with the Liebster award it's an award that is given by other bloggers. If you are nominated you are asked to answer a few questions about you and your blog and then you pass the award on by nominating other new bloggers!


If you are nominated {read on for my list of nominees}, here on the steps you should follow to “accept” your nomination:

*Read my answers to the 10 questions selected by the blogger who nominated me.
*Find 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate for the award.
*Write a post on your blog featuring the Liebster Award and include in your post answers to the questions I pose to my nominees {found below my list of nominees}.
*After you have written your post, comment on each of your nominee’s blogs telling them that you have nominated them.


Here are my answers to Julies questions!


Questions for the nominees:

1. Why did you start your blog?

One evening I stumbled on my first DIY blog, as I looked around jumping from blog to blog I became hooked! I've always been an avid crafter and always on the hunt for my next new project. When I realized people document their crafts and shared their projects with other people I knew this was right up my ally. That's when The Rustic RedHead was born!

2. What is your favorite blog to visit and why?

This is such a hard question! I visit so many blogs and have come to really enjoy so many different writers! One of my newest favorite blogs is Crafty Texas Girls. I stumbled on her blog through Instagram and have been a follower ever since. Samantha is from Texas {hints her blog name} and lives only a few hours away from where I live. This made me even more interested in her blog!

3. How has blogging impacted your life?Blogging gives me a chance to really express my creative abilities. Its a way for me to escape everyday life and join a community of people who share similar interest and goals. There is something refreshing about meeting people from all over the world and creating friendships unlike the friendships you acquire by living in one place wayyy to long.

4. What advice do you have for new/newer bloggers?
My biggest advice is CONSISTENCY ! This was so hard for me in the beginning and actually still is. Life can be busy and making time for your blog can be difficult. However, if you don't take the time out and write on a weekly basis your audience will dwindle.

5. How did you come up with the name for your blog?

This is my most asked question! I was on the way back from a Dallas shopping trip with my step mom. I had been telling her about my plans about blogging and started spiting out name ideas. At the time I was also in the beginning stages of opening my very own small boutique. I wanted a name that was unique and one that illustrated exactly who I was. The Rustic Redhead just came to me .... Well first off I am a redhead {if that wasn't obvious lol} and Rustic describes my personality and style. I love vintage or aged things they tell a story that speaks to my soul.

6. How do you promote your blog?
I do a lot of social media promoting .

7. If you could go on vacation anywhere, then where would you go and why?
If I could go anywhere it would be Europe! I would love to see France, Paris, Ireland,Italy, Spain, and Germany. I've never lived outside of Texas and the thought of going to a country like Europe which is so rich of history makes me weak in the knees! My ancestors were Irish and I would love to go see the castles where my people originated from!

8. What is your favorite food?
Anything spicy!! I love Mexican food!

9. Have you ever had a DIY project fail? What happened?
All the time! That's the beauty of DIY projects if it doesn't work out you just take a step back reevaluate and attempt it again. I can't think a specific instance where I had a DIY fail ... you put me on the spot!

10. Do you have any special New Year's Eve traditions?
My family always eats black eyed peas for luck {which I can't stand} and greens for $$... It's a silly tradition but its a time for us to reflect what the past year has blessed us with and allows us to set goals for the next year.

Here are my fabulous Nominees in no specific order!

1.Behind The Design
2. This Ole Mom
3. The bohemian Project
4.Mimi's Vintage Charm
5. 24 Cottonwood Lane
6. SHAWNA SULLIVAN PHOTOGRAPHY
7. Misty Dawn Photography
8.Delineate Your Dwelling
9. My Love To Create
10. Leopard And Plaid





Questions for the nominees:

1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite blog to visit and why?
3. How has blogging impacted your life?
4. What advice do you have for new/newer bloggers?
5. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
6. How do prepare for a blog post?
7. If you could go on vacation anywhere, then where would you go and why?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What's the one thing you treasure the most{aside from family}?
10. Does your family have any fun traditions?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I just posted mine at http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!