Flea Market To Fab: Rustic Coffee Table

What a day!! I've been working hard on updating my blog layout.. Have you noticed?? Thoughts, comments, suggestions?!?! People who don't think blogging is a full time job have no clue!! Phew...  but on to today's post!!!

I found this really cool trunk thing.... I have no clue what it was used for previously... but I turned it into a fabulous coffee table!! This piece is truly unique and has soo much character. I love this piece!!! {that's my problem I love everything I make... and I can't keep it all} I rearranged my entire house probably a billion times in my head trying to figure out away to squeeze it in, but it's not happening!! Even my husband was sad to see it go!



It was pretty dirty and the paint was flaking really bad, so I sanded it down really good!!




I purchased these legs from Home Depo.... They were the perfect height!!


I chose to go with a dark stain... The chest's rustic green and dark walnut legs complimented each other nicely.




I pre-drilled the holes for the legs .. then screwed them in.



For added security, I drilled a few wood screws into the legs.



To finish it off, I added a cute rustic handle and old hinges!







I looooovvvve it... hmmm how can I fit this in my house!!!



It was nice chatting with Y'all! Like my chest?!?! Leave me some love below!

Make sure to subscribe to this blog at the bottom of this post and never miss out on unique furniture projects like this one!

xoxoxoxooxoxox
Ann- The Rustic RedHead






Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

22 comments:

  1. Great find and wonderful project. Very creative thinking! I love that you left the original green paint. I've been redoing my coffee table for years and you are making me look at it again...maybe it's time to change it up? Two thumbs up on your coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann!! The way I look at it is you can always sanded it down and start fresh... try something new :)!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that is darling! I know what you mean about wanting to keep things you create. It is so darn hard to say goodbye sometimes. I'm so glad I came across your blog over at My Romantic Home. BTW, your design is beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so hard lol!! Thanks Patti, come back soon!

      Delete
  3. Incredible concept to decorate your old furniture to provide it a great look.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann that is drop dead gorgeous....you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I'm really happy with the end results!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9/28/2013

    Ann, I just loved your rustic coffee table. Great job on how you fixed it up. God bless you as you continue to do exciting things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann,this is Da Bomb! Love this transformation! Think of the added storage as well:) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deidre!! I still haven't taken it to the shop yet, I keep procrastinating!!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! This is fabulous!! Thanks for linking up to tickled Pink Times Two! Looking forward to featuring your table tomorrow night at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Can't wait to party!!

      Thanks again!!

      Delete
  8. Love it too! And I would probably get to keep it cause hubby hates our present coffee table. I think that is my favorite color green and I am so impressed that you do all the work yourself! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy!! If I hadn't just purchased a new coffee table I would of kept it!! Dilemmas in my life lol!!

      Delete
  9. It must have been tough to part with this one Ann! So cool looking!!

    Thank you so much for joining our Blog Hop! We love having you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea Doreen!!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chest. Looks so vintage, retro cool! We would love to have you share with us at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/10/super-saturday-link-party-13/ Your recipes and ideas would be a hit with our crowd. It would be our honor to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Looks amazing. Green color for coffee table looks eye catching. You have done really beautiful work on it.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!