Fajita Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Cinco De Mayo has come and gone leaving you with a huge headache {tequila tequila!!} or lots of left overs. Luckily for me I skipped out on the tequila this go around but I had lots of fajita chicken on my hands. I always feel extremely guilty throwing away perfectly good left overs. I tend to throw away more than I care to admit but I can't help the unappealing thoughts I have towards them.  I love chicken salad and have to say, in a very proud voice I might add, that this dish is dellllishhh and no one will have the slightest clue it was made from dreaded leftovers. This is a great spin on the classic and won't leave you disappointed. Not only is it yummy but super quick and simple which in my opinion makes it taste even better! 





I didn't take step by step pictures, forgive me, but I didn't feel like it was necessary this go around. 




Ingredients:

Leftover Chicken- I used about 4 Cups give or take { It doesn't need to be precise}
1/2 onion
1/2 C cilantro
1 small roman tomato
1 1/4 C Mayo

Like I said it doesn't have to be exact just eyeball the ingredients. If your not an onion person or don't like cilantro reduce the measurements or just leave it out.




Dice your chicken meat, onion, and tomato in nice bite size pieces. Chop your cilantro. Then combine everything thing in a bowl and quickly mix. Now add your mayo, I used about a 1 1/4 cup, but really you can just eyeball this. You don't want too much mayo but just enough to bind all the ingredients together. Lastly, squeeze some fresh lime over the mixture and mix until well combine. Slather on two pieces of white bread or bread of choice and enjoy! 

I served mine topped with thinly sliced avocado and fresh jalapenos. 





Happy belated Cinco De Mayo! Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy dish! 

-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!