Easy Crockpot Ribs

Everyone loves a good hardy meal after a long drooling day at the office but more times than not after you roll in from work and fight kids to do homework... making a home cooked meal from scratch doesn't rank very high on the priority list! This is why I love my crock pot and recipes like this one..... seriously makes life so much easier and tastier.


 I typically do all my prep work the night before so all I have to do is pull my crockpot out of the fridge, place it in its base, turn it on low, and rush out the door!



I start by removing this thick white membrane on the back of the ribs. This will result in ultra tender ribs...yummm!




I run a knife along the membrane and from there start ripping and pulling it off. It should look like the  picture above when you are finished. 


Then using your choice of dry rub, liberally season both sides of your ribs. I am using just a pork rub... nothing fancy. 


Cut the ribs in half and stack into the crockpot. My family only needs one rack but you can place as many as you need or that will fit into the crock pot. I think two should fit fine but anymore you might have to add a crock pot to your team. 




Then I brush just a little of my BBQ sauce on top... just to add extra flavor. I don't slather too much on because the sauce will sometimes run down the sides and burn on the bottom. Then I place the settings on low and run off to tackle the day. 
* I do not add any liquid to the crockpot.


When you are ready to eat place these babies on the grill, (now) slather sauce on top and let it caramelize then serve!!  If you don't have a grill or you forgot your grill is out of propane 
( I swear this happens way to often to me)  just place your ribs on a baking sheet.... line with foil for easy clean up.... then place under the broiler until the sauce caramelizes. 

Ingredients:
1 rack of ribs ( I use pork ribs)
Dry rub
Bbq sauce
Crockpot



Like I said this is one of my go to recipes during the week or for Sunday dinners. I serve this with fresh corn on the cob and baked potatoes(which can be cooked in a crock pot if you have an extra handy)

To make clean up even easier... purchase crockpot liners at the grocery store so all you have to do is enjoy dinner.  I hope you enjoy these as much as my fam bam does!

Like this recipe? Then you might enjoy my crockpot pulled pork recipe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!