Guacamole







mmmmm..... Guacamole! Need I really say more???




My household is all about Mexican food. I myself could eat spicy food the rest of my life and be 100% satisfied. My husband can't keep up with the heat just yet but I'll toughen him up eventually. 

Just the mention of guac has my hubby hovering over  me in the kitchen until he is able to steal the bowl for himself for a pre dinner snack. It can be pretty annoying at times but hey its good stuff so I can't blame his over eagerness to get a taste. 




Ingredients:
4  avocados
1diced roman tomato
1/4 diced red onion
cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1tsp {give or take} minced serrano pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Making fresh guacamole allows you to customize it to you liking. You don't like onions leave em out! Want more heat? Add more pepper! I personally like it with everything with extra onions and pepper. 


Start by smashing your avocados with a fork. 
Give them a little squeeze at the grocery store to make sure you are buying nice and ripe avocados. The greener ones tend to be less ripe.

Add your cilantro, onion, tomato, serrano,  lime juice, and salt.{ if you don't like spicy leave the pepper out... or to manage the heat try a small piece to gage how hot your pepper is before deciding how much you will add to your guac}


Combine then devour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!