Homemade Toffee


Oh holy night!! I whipped up a batch of homemade toffee just a few minutes ago and I think I struck the gold mine! I'm not one for chocolate bars but give me a heath bar and I'm in heaven. When I stumbled on this recipe over at Lovely Morning I had to give it a shot. Not only was this a quick and easy recipe but it taste so gourmet. I almost had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't in one of those fancy shmancy chocolate candy stores in the mall. As soon as the kids got wind that I had made "candy" they couldn't contain their snatchy little fingers. With that being said the only thing I would do differently is make a double batch!


Ingredients:

1C. butter
1C. sugar
1Tablespoon water
pecans
milk chocolate morsels



**Before you begin wrap two baking sheets with foil...do it now don't wait!**


Melt the butter, sugar, and water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the butter is melted. Do not walk away while making this!


When the butter has melted stir continuously until the mixture resembles the color of peanut butter. Warning... your arm might get tired but suck it up it will be worth all the agony.


When the mixture resembles the color of peanut butter pull off the heat, and pour onto one of your baking sheets. Using a spatula spread the mixture out to desired thickness.  Now, add your chocolate and nuts. I replaced the almonds and chocolate bar bits with pecans and milk chocolate morsels. 


Now flip the baking sheet over onto the clean baking sheet and pull off the foil.

I stuck my pan in the freezer for about 10-15 min then broke the pieces apart, but I'm impatient like that. 



Oh myyyy goodness is this yummy!!! It is really a heavenly treat, you know the ones you hide from everybody else in the house!!


-Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!