Chili Cheese Dogs



With school around the corner I've  been  penny pinching to get ready for back to school shopping. This is a really affordable, filling, and delicious dinner. I forgot to mention EASY!!!! I'm all for easy these days. I laugh when I look back at the times I spent hours on dinner , I was determined to impress Jon with my five course meals. Lets be honest it's been 7 years and hes' not going anywhere anytime soon {I've already wooed his culinary heart} so I've simplified dinner time but its just as delicious as ever!











Ingredients:
hot dogs ( I prefer the cheap ones... they just taste better!)
hot dog buns
1 can of chili, no beans
cheese
diced onion


STEP 1 :Throw your dogs into a small pot filled with water and heat through. The hot dogs will plump up when they are done.

STEP 2:Heat chili on the stove or in the microwave. What ever is easiest for you. 

STEP 3 :Place your hot dogs in a bun and line up in a baking dish. Top with your warmed chili. Sprinkle your shredded cheese generously on top, and finish with the diced onion. If you want to spice things up a bit add fresh or pickled jalapeños!

STEP 4: Put the baking dish in a preheated 350 oven and cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly.



This meal cost under $6 and makes enough for my family of 4 plus leftovers for me and the hubby the next day! 

Hope you enjoyed this budget friendly meal! Thanks for stopping by.

-Ann

Stop back by tomorrow for my grandmothers PTA dessert!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/15/2014

    We have chili dogs occasionally but I've never thought to put them in the oven. These look really good:)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!