Grandma's PTA Dessert

I'm finally uploading the famous PTA dessert!
 I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning house then happen to spot a gallon of white interior paint in the garage and had a "Look, squirrel!" moment. I ended up painting baseboards, window seals, doors, and my fire place. Needless to say bedtime came early last night.... but man what a difference fresh baseboards and doors make! Ok Ok on to the post....

My grandmother's PTA dessert has to be on my 10 favorite recipes growing up. My grandma Shirley was always in the kitchen whipping something yummy up. It was in her kitchen I developed my passion for cooking and love for creating dishes that pleased not only your appetite but your heart.  She has a picture hanging in her kitchen of me around the age of 5 or 6 all decked out in one of her aprons licking the spoon and bowl, like I did most often when I helped her in the kitchen. Maybe that's where the real love of cooking came from, the tasting part!!

This dessert has many names and quite honestly I'm not sure where the name PTA dessert came from. Some might argue the name but this yummy concoction will please any sweet tooth and that's undeniable!



Step 1 crust:
1 1/2 C. flour
3/4 C. butter
dash of salt
3/4 C. pecans





Cream first 3 ingredients together.

It will have a crumbly dough constancy.


Fold in the pecans.

Press into bottom of 9x13 pan and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 until brown, and let cool.


Step 2:
1 C. powdered sugar
1 C. coolwhip
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened ( * Its important the cream cheese is soft in order to get that creamy consistency.)



Cream the cream cheese.



Add the remaining ingredients.


Once the crust has cooled spread the cream cheese mixture on top. 

Step 3:

2 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
3 C. milk

Mix the pudding mix and milk. It might take a few minutes for the mixture to thicken. Then spread the pudding on top of the cream cheese layer.


Last, top with remaining cool whip and garnish with mini chocolate chips. 




Now enjoy!! Did I mention I love this recipe lol!! The crust is melt in your mouth buttery and the pecans give it a nice crunch. Then you get the creaminess of the pudding and cream cheese, and just when you think it can get any better, you get a taste of the sweet lightness of the coolwhip! Yes I'm enjoy a piece as we speak.....



Awhile back my grandma duplicated some her favorite recipes for me . She laminated the note cards and fixed them in a cute little box. My favorite part is she signed the back of all of them, so I will treasure these recipes for years to come!


Enjoy this heavenly treat!!! Thanks for stopping by!
-Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!