Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup


Call me crazy but I have made it personal goal to not drink Starbucks for 30 days..... ugh for someone like me who goes daily multiple times a day this will not be an easy task. My new mint Keurig has help the struggle but as pumpkin spice latte season draws closer and closer, I'll need a little extra reinforcements to keep me strong!



I have tried making copycat recipes of  the favorite fall drink from Starbucks but have always been left disappointed. I've tried pumpkin spice creamers from the grocery store but nothing has come close..... besides most coffee creamers I've tried leave a weird artificial after taste that grosses me out.  

So my next approach was attempting a pumpkin spiced syrup to add to my morning coffee! 

Pumpkin Spice Syrup

Ingredients:

1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/4 brown sugar
2 tsp cinamin
1/2 cloves
1/4 ginger
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla


Sorry y'all I was way too excited to take pictures ....


1. Dissolve sugars in water over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.

2. Once sugar has dissolved add cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Whisk together 

3. Add pumpkin puree. Whisk until all lumps are gone.

4. Remove from heat and strain the concoction. My strainer was small enough to trap all the puree without having to use a cheese cloth. If you don't have a strainer like mine use a cheese cloth, thin tea towel , or depending on the brand of paper towel you use this could be an option as well. 

5. Once you strain out the gritty  pumpkin and solidified sugar, you're left with a smooth chunk free syrup. Now add your vanilla and pour into container of choice.

 This would be a super cute gift idea....just saying....



As you cook this deliciousness over the stove the smells of fall fill the room..... I seriously could just make this for the aroma! I'm  SOOOOO ready for fall y'all!!!!! 




Now to prepare a cup of pumpkin deliciousness!!


1. Using a house blend K-cup ( I use the good ole great value brand from walmart)
select 8oz and let your coffee savior brew you a cup of joe.

2.Add creamer ( I use hazelnut flavored but don't recommend in crazy or strong flavors)

3.Add a generous amount of syrup in your cup. DO NOT BE SHY  I repeat DO NOT BE SHY!

4.Top with whipped cream

5.Sprinkle some cinnamon on top ( I filled a salt shaker with cinnamon and placed next to my Keurig for easy access)

Now enjoy a big cup of Fall ....mmmmm it's soooo good!!!!!








I hope you have enjoyed this recipe as much as I have. I'm sipping on this lovely pumpkin brew as we speak and I'm totally satisfied with not having to drive through the Starbucks line. 

The only problem with this drink is it will have you shift into Fall mode real quick, you'll be decorating for fall and buying halloween costumes, but I'm kinda ok with that!


Tune in Friday for a cute DIY on how to make this "Morning Pumpkin" mug along with some free cutting files if you have a silhouette machine!


Until Friday my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to read your comments! Please leave me a link to your blog or favorite social media link so I can check it out! Have a blessed day and thank you again for stopping by!